Mental Health America of Hendricks County was established in 1953.
Our vision is for Hendricks County to be a community that values and enjoys mental well-being and which empowers its citizens to treat one another with dignity and mutual respect.
To promote mental wellness in Hendricks County through information and referral, education, individual advocacy, and support; linking those in need with appropriate mental health services in a caring, compassionate, culturally competent, and confidential manner.
Statements of Values:
As an agency, and as individuals, we value compassion, cultural competency, integrity, and respect, for ourselves and for those we assist. We will take necessary action, consistent with our values, to further our mission.
- Compassion – Compassion is that which makes the hearts of the good move at the pain of others. It is through our compassion toward others that we seek to improve the lives of those we serve.
- Cultural Competency – We will strive to be aware of cultural differences and honor and respect them. We will honor diversity in all of its forms and encourage diverse people to become part of our staff, board, volunteers, and programs.
- Integrity – We will remain open and honest with each other and with those we assist. We promise to provide help in a confidential manner and will maintain the trust of those who rely on us.
- Respect – We recognize the value all people offer to our community and vow to respect the individuality of those we serve. We will provide our services in a courteous manner and with a positive attitude.
- Action – We will proactively identify opportunities to improve mental wellness within Hendricks County, and will partner with other organizations, agencies, and individuals that share our values in order to achieve our goals.